Jaheira Approval Guide: Baldur Gate 3
To maintain a high approval rating with the fan of Justice Jaheira, you need to opt for ethically correct choices in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Jaheira, a Druid of half-elf heritage, becomes available as a companion in Act 2 of Baldur’s Gate 3, once you’ve earned her trust during your encounter at the Moonrise Tower. After aiding her in defeating the Ketheric Thorm, she will request to join forces with you, allowing you to add her to your party.
Once she’s a part of your team, you’ll embark on Jaheira’s companion quest, where your mission is to help her locate her long-lost friend, Minsc. Along this journey, you’ll need to assist her in battling adversaries and surmounting obstacles to achieve her objectives. Your choices and actions during key conversations will influence her opinion of you.
Ultimately, it’s your decision whether you align with Jaheira’s principles or prioritize your own interests. Your choices will determine your approval rating with Jaheira in Baldur’s Gate 3. A positive relationship can open the possibility of romancing Jaheira, while a negative one may lead to her departure from your party.
How to gain Jaheira approval in BG3
Earning Jaheira’s high approval in BG3 requires a keen understanding of her values. Jaheira is an ardent advocate of justice and possesses a deep affinity for nature. She holds a strong admiration for acts of courage, upholds moral principles, and appreciates decisiveness. Choices that align with these virtues are likely to receive favorable reactions from Jaheira.
The following actions are more likely to earn a high approval rating from Jaheira in Baldur’s Gate 3:
Act 3 Jaheira approval choices
Jaheira becomes an active party member during Act 3 of the game. It is the only time you can earn Jaheira’s approval in Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Sparing or saving the lives of others.
- Making a decision based on justice.
- Helping other companions or NPCs with difficulty.
- Showing courage or valor.
- When you meet Flaming Fist Rowan, confront him by saying: “You can’t kill innocent people.”
- Donate some gold to Manip Nestor during Investigate the Suspicious Toys side quest to help refugees.
- Intimidate Mar’hyah on leaving her job and persuading her to let you keep Scratch in your camp.
- Follow Jaheira’s lead at Danthelon’s Dancing Axe shop and take Geraldus’s side after the battle.
- Convince Minsc not to attack Keene and stop him with diplomacy.
- Play with the children (X: -160, y: -70) and donate some gold to the poor woman (X: -200, Y: -170) in the Lower City.
- Complete the Minsc storyline and free him from the control of Absolute.
- Acknowledge the presence of mind flayer parasite inside your head by saying: “Who are you talking to? Maybe I am the parasite who is controlling this body.”
- When you talk to Jaheira at the camp and discuss the amulet you found at her home, say: “Khalid sounds like he had true strength” to earn her approval in Baldur’s Gate 3.
What not to do if you want Jaheira’s approval
Actions that run counter to principles of justice, morality, and courage may incur Jaheira’s disapproval. A persistent pattern of deceitful behavior can result in the deterioration of your relationship with Jaheira, ultimately leading to her departure from your party.
The following actions are likely to decrease your approval rating with Jaheira in Baldur’s Gate 3:
- Killing innocent NPCs
- Not making choices based on justice
- Involving in evil acts, especially when getting continuous approvals from Astarion.
- Becoming an unholy assassin of Bhaal during Act 3 will make Jaheira leave your party immediately.
- Reveal Jaheira’s association with High Harper while handing her over to Dribbles the Clown.
- If you accept your father’s gift as a Dark Urge character and kill Isobel, Jaheira will immediately leave your party.
Once you get her approval to be very good (green), you can start the romance with Jaheira in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Impact of approval on Jaheira’s romance
Initiating a romance with Jaheira can be challenging because of her late introduction in the game. Nevertheless, once you’ve successfully recruited her as an active companion and elevated her approval substantially, you can embark on a romantic relationship as early as the beginning of Act 3 in BG3. However, it’s important to note that losing Jaheira’s favor is a much simpler task than earning it, and if her approval rating reaches a critical low, she will depart from the party and end the romantic relationship.